Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bill Hicks & Joe Rogan


I finally got broadband. I had to wait for a month for the phone line to be activated and ditch the money-sucking Usb dongle I've been abusing for 4 weeks. I'm finally back in the real world and I've happily spent a sleepless night on my sorely missed Youtube. It was all worth it, I found a short Bill Hicks video I've never seen before (I thought I knew them all at this stage), one of his last performances from 1993. Not of of his all-time best material but I love the interaction between him and Bonnie,  the on-stage signer. I've also added his famous 'It's just a ride' message, it's always good to listen back to it. All I can say about Bill is that after watching him years ago for the first time doing his stand up on screen, things were never the same. I could go on and on about him but thankfully I found this great interview with Joe Rogan (another great thinker/comedian of our times) where he explains, much better than I would, why Bill was the real deal and how he was inspired by him. Final video is an excerpt from Rogan's Podcast with added animation created by one of his fans from Argentina. Enjoy the next 20 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment